John Lee BottomVerified by our team
Relationship Timeline Of John Lee Bottom
John Lee Bottom (born in 1947) is the father of American celebrity kids, late River Phoenix, Joaquin Phoenix Liberty Phoenix, Summer Phoenix, and Rain Phoenix. John was raised by his parents Robert Merrill Bottom (1917-1993) and Beulah Ernestine Ingram (1918-1980), in Fontana, California.
Despite being a father of celebrities, he stayed away from the media's eye and served as a carpenter for many years. But sadly, in 2015, he passed away at the age of 68. The cause of his death was cancer.
John Lee Bottom's Married Life With Arlyn Phoenix
Father of River Phoenix, John Lee Bottom, had tied the knot with Arlyn Phoenix (also known as Heart Phoenix) on 13 September 1969. The duo met in California while Hitchhiking for the first time.
After their marriage, the duo served for a religious group, ‘The Children of God,’ a Christian missionary organization, for many years and traveled together to different new places to spread awareness about that religious group.
But later, they knew that the group was a sex prevail group. Then they both left to promote that group and returned to the United States. Afterward, they resided in Florida.
Their married life was going happily with their five children, but they suddenly separated after sharing 27 years of marital life in 1997, and they did not reveal the reason behind this.
Later, in 2001, his wife, Arlyn, exchanged marriage vows with Jeffrey Weisberg, a producer and executive director of River Phoenix Center for Peacebuilding.
Know about John Lee Bottom's Secret girlfriend And His Daughter
Before his marital tie with Arlyn John Lee, John Lee Bottom was in a romantic relationship with a lady. But it hasn't been disclosed yet who she is, from where she belongs.
The duo was honored by a daughter named Jodean Bottom (born on 1964). Later, after many years of marriage of, John with Arlyn, his family knew about his girlfriend and his daughter from one of his close friends.
Then, his son, Rivera, who was just six years old at that time, searched them and took their (daughter and mother) responsibilities.
John Lee and Arlyn Phoenix are Proud Parents of five Kids.
They shared five kids from their marital life, and his kids have a good bond between them.
- River Phoenix (born on August 23, 1970) is an actor who worked in many movies and won Volpi Cup for Best Actor at the Venice Film Festival. Later, he died at the age of 23 on October 31, 1993, due to an overdose of cocaine and heroin.
- Rain Phoenix (born on November 21, 1972) is also an American actress, musician, and singer. She played in many movies, music. Some of them are Amazing stories, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, Harry +Max, etc.
- Joaquin Phoenix (born on October 28, 1974) is an actor, producer, and animal activist who has earned two Golden Globe awards, an oscar-award and many other prestigious awards from his acting skill. His renowned screen performance is in Joker, Gladiator, Walk the Line, and Her. Also, he won a black belt in karate.
- Liberty Phoenix ( born on July 5, 1976), an American former actress, played in TV productions like Kate's secret and Seven Brides For Seven Brothers. From that, she left her acting career and started her career as a designer. Later, she opened a store in eco-friendly Indigo Green in Gainesville, Florida.
- Summer Phoenix (born on December 10, 1978), an American actress, model, and designer, started her acting career as a guest appearance when she was only two years old. She was also involved in many movies like Esther Kahn, Suzie Gold, and many more.
How Wealthy Was John Lee Bottom?
John Lee Bottom was from a low-class family. Due to the low finances, he didn't continue his education after high school. Then, he started to serve as a gardener to fulfill his basic needs. So he hadn't earned a high amount of net worth.
But his son, Joaquin Phoenix, has earned a massive amount of money from his professional acting career. Additionally, he is a director, producer, and musician with a net worth of $50 million, far more than another American actor and director, Adam Paul, whose net worth is$1.5 million.
However, his daughter, Summer Phoenix, also gathered a handsome net worth of $4 million from her career as an actress, model, and designer. Also, River Phoenix has a net worth of $5 million.
Joaquin's Role As Arthur Fleck In Jocker
John Lee Bottom's son Joaquin Phoenix has grown into popularity after portraying the role of Arthur Fleck, aka Jocker, in 2019, released crime-drama and thriller movie, Joker.
Jocker is a famous movie written and directed by Todd Phillips. This movie shows a mentally ill comedian who turns into an iconic villain due to various stations and troubles in his life.
Joaquin's role as a joker got him an oscar award in the "Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role" category.
Keep Supporting Married Celeb For More Amusing Articles Related To Your Favourite Celebrities!!!